94% Waning Gibbous Moon


Thursday night into the morning of Friday I was out enjoying the 94% Waning Gibbous Moon and a few of the planets.

I got a little up close and personal with the moon that night magnifying quite a bit to get this picture of Mare Crisium and other craters along the terminator. Just to name a few of the craters in this picture are Mare Crisium, and to the right of it is Cleomedes, and Geminus; the smaller crater above Crisium is Macrobius. The two on the far right are Atlas on the bottom, and Hercules just above it.


Click to enlarge.

I also did my first HDR image of the moon, which I'm quite pleased with thanks to Rachael Alexandra for editing my raw files before I stacked them for HDR.

Click to enlarge, you wont regret it.

I then took my 25mm eyepiece and put it in the 2x barlow making it a 12.5mm eyepiece giving me a magnification of 60x. I also put the dust cap on and removed the small plastic cap to stop down the aperture a bit to make it so the moon didn't overexpose the video. It takes down the quality a bit, but it was the only thing that was working. This video is along the terminator as the moon moves in and out of my small field of view.




Comments