Setting Stars -Time-lapse

The night of March 31st to the morning of April 1st I captured many images of the stars to make a time-lapse. I haven't put one of these together since January, so I figured I'd have another go at it.

I set my camera up in my backyard next to my fence and had to aim over it along with the neighbors roof. Started capturing images around 8:30pm, and turned it off right before I headed to bed at around 3:30am. Each shot I took was at an exposure of 15seconds, ISO 400, and F3.1 with the intervalometer set to take a picture every 15 seconds. This is a bit different on how I usually do them, and I'm very pleased with how smooth it turned out.

Although the bright moon passes in my view, the video stars with Venus and Orion setting ends with Leo taking a nose dive towards the horizon. The bright orange "star" near the end, in Leo, is not a star, but is Mars.

The quality of the video is much better than the quality of this single frame youtube selected as the video image. So click play, select 720 or 1080, make full screen and enjoy 7 hours of star movement from the comfort of your computer chair in less than 30 seconds.




Comments

Michael Rector said…
Thank you very much. Glad you enjoyed.