Hunting Comet C/2020 F3 NEOWISE

 I set out to meet up with some friends to image comet C/2020 F3 NEOWISE. I misunderstood the message I got before losing service and thought we were going to a different location instead of the originally planned location. I still had a good time, and got some decent shots I'm happy with, but feel bad for missing out meeting with the people who convinced me to get out. So instead of a view of the comet over Chazy Lake, I got images of the comet from the top of Dannemora mountain.

C/2020 F3 NEOWISE

C/2020 F3 NEOWISE



This video is by no means a tutorial on how to image a comet, just my adventure going out and getting images. I don't do a lot of wide field astrophotography like this, so it was a bit of a learning curve using lenses on a camera, and then stacking a comet and getting both the stars and comet to not streak in the photos. This was a fun adventure to see my first ever comet without the aid of a telescope, and to get some comet images. All in all it was a fun time, and I hope you enjoy the video.

Comments