Sketching Gamma Leonis a Double Star at the Eyepiece

 This is the last object I sketched on the night of January 9, 2021. I didn't have very much time to observe this target, so this sketch is very rough. I was rushing against a thick blanket of clouds that was coming in faster than I expected. Luckily at the magnification I was using there wasn't much in the field of view to begin with. I quickly plotted the primary and secondary stars in this double, and then I added the 4 stars that I was able to find in the field of view before the clouds completely took over. I didn't get a chance to see if there were any stars twinkling in and out of view.

Double star Gamma Leonis in the constellation Leo

This sketch was done on black Canson paper with General's white charcoal pencils, color added with CarbOthello Chalk-Pastel pencils.

If you'd like to see a video of where this object is located in the night sky and a video of me sketching this at the eyepiece check out the video below:



Comments