Sketching M42 - The Orion Nebula

This is the last sketch I did on the night of December 28, 2019. It also happens to be the the last sketch I've done at the time of writing this blog post. There has been very few clear nights so far in 2020, and the few clear nights there have been I've had other obligations, or work the next day and couldn't utilize the clear skies. Hopefully that changes in the near future, because I'm itching to get out under the stars again.

This sketch is of the Orion nebula, M42 in the constellation of Orion. This nebula is in the middle star of the Sword of Orion.

Sketch of M42 in Orion
The video below is a time-lapse of the sketch done at the eyepiece of the telescope. All my sketches are done at the eyepiece, not from photos. So what I sketch is what I see at the eyepiece. I sometimes do some editing to the sketch once I get inside in brighter light, but they are usually minor touch-ups or cleaning up of the sketch.


Comments